Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas, Corrections & Caring

These are a couple of quotes from Jenny's hand written letter, since this is a short e-mail, I will add them because they were kinda funny. I also included the links to the videos she mentions below that "made her famous".  

A very good friend of ours told her before she left that most likely she'll be learning Portuguese since his son served a mission in Tokyo and ended up learning Portuguese as well. So she said the following:


"Everybody knows I'm trying to learn Portuguese, so I got my hands on a Preach My Gospel in Portuguese and I've got the First Vision memorized in Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese, just in case" 


"We've seen the Mormon Messages that I'm in at the MTC. It's pretty weird/fun to watch them with my district. I befriended a companionship of elders that shouted at me today 'We're your #1 fans' to which I replied. 'You're my ONLY fans'. I'm only famous amongst missionaries and high school teachers. Next step: World Domination"


This is gonna be a shorter entry today, I want to leave time to write the missionaries in my zone who left for Japan Monday morning. Why? Because I love them. 


I also have corrections to make. The elders in my district found out about my blog and were upset that their names aren't included. Maybe when I post more pictures we can add names and try and find their families so they can see them too.  Another complaint was from Elder Calhoun, because I wrote that he has a comb over. Apparently I am not sufficiently familiar with terms to describe men's hair. He wanted me to reassure everyone that he DOES NOT have a comb over but a full head of hair he just happens to part to one side. My apologizes. 

My Christmas decorations are up! Merry Christmas season!

This week the MTC has really taught me how to love. I am never alone. Even when I'm in the bathroom, I know my companions are just outside waiting for me. When in a situation like this, you have two options: 1. Spiral into insanity 2. Love You might assume it's easy to love people. I would disagree. Some days it's hard to swallow your own pride in order to love. If I had to take a guess, I would say the most common prayer given at the MTC is: Please help me love my companions. Because even if the language is coming easy to me and I'm sleeping great at night doesn't mean my companions are. We're going through the same experience but we all have different perceptions. After lots of prayer and study, I think I'm starting to get the hang of loving complete strangers. It's just less awkward to care. If I didn't care about my companions during their struggles, I would just be staring at them awkwardly. Bottom line is: We're all in this together. Side note: I really miss movies and find myself quoting them all the time.

Why do I love missionaries? Because (Romans 10:14-15)
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believedand how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without preacher?
And how shall they preachexcept they be sentas it is written. How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peaceand bring glad tidings of good things!

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1630305341001

No comments:

Post a Comment